Databases are written by human editors, when you are searching from the directory, which is open or the old site directory. The actual content is not present from the pages of a particular site; this has only the short descriptions from the web site. When searching the web, indexing is the starting task done by these engines. Quality listing is being ensured and ranking your site with listing in the Open Directory.
Use the following checklist before submission:
• Check whether pages are complete
• Check with all the links for validity
• Optimization of all the pages.
• Compatibility with all the pages on the search engine.
• Assure that your pages are hidden like shopping cart from being indexed, by using Robots.txt or Robots META tag.
• Check with the accuracy and fully functioning, if you own an e-commerce site
No need to get information when you submit your website to normal engines. URL is what they exactly need. This information makes you feel at ease submitting the directories.
Submissions to Directories
Submitting your own websites to Directories involves some work unlike submitting them to google or yahoo where a single URL of the website is more than enough. It involves getting the right title, a crisp summary of the website, choosing the apt category to which the website belongs to and also some variations of descriptions. Finally wrapping it up, you can ensure to hit the right audience by choosing the right sites to place your URL to maximize your efforts.